Friday, August 26, 2011

It is official!

Well, after having completed 74 of my 90 weeks of clinical rotations I FINALLY, as of noon time today, have the rest of my rotations on my schedule and have an official END DATE. This has been one of the biggest headaches ever and many of you have been victim of my yelling/screaming/crying/venting about this whole process. 

Well, here is it. My clinical schedule in its entirety! I am still pissed about having to repeat three rotations, but, I won't let anything get in my way of heading back to California ASAP (I actually think Colby would call off the wedding). 


Right now, I have 4 weeks left in this crappy Peds rotation in Brooklyn, NY. I am totally not a NYC girl. I see the allure and I do think its an incredible place, however, it is totally not MY incredible place. Some guy mouthed "thank you" for me letting him cross the crosswalk (while he had a little "WALK" man flashing) and I almost peed my pants. "A New Yorker just said THANK YOU?!" it really was quite shocking.

My next rotation in Phoenix is one I set up on my own to get exposure to the residency program there. They call these "audition rotations" so hopefully I impress some important people and things work out in my favor!

Basically, I will be MARISSA LYN BLACK, M.D. on February 17, 2012! 

That's all for now. I have lots on my mind/plate right now but - this just happened and I am STOKED!



by Marissa ♥

1 comment:

Amber Elizabeth said...

I can't wait for Dr. Black-Brown to deliver my second (and third and fourth) baby!! Yay Marissa!