Thursday, August 4, 2011

Decisions, Decisions!

So, wedding planning is in full effect! That is GREAT, except that means making decisions and for THIS bride - that usually isn't an issue. I am loud mouthed, very opinionated, know what I like/what I want .. except when it comes to planning, evidently.

I have met with my florist twice and she is amazing and I have no doubt it is going to be GORGEOUS. I would have nothing but peonies if possible, but anyone who knows anything about flower prices knows what I mean when I say that is DEFINITELY not happening. We WILL have lots of them, but there will be some bigger, cheaper flowers to help with cost.  So flowers are covered .. now I just need all those little details that I see daily on wedding blogs of these GORGEOUS weddings that I just "oooohhh" and "ahhhhh" over and just die inside because they are SO fabulous and think to myself, "how the hell am I going to do THAT? and THAT?! and THAT?!?!?!" Time isn't necessarily the issue - we have just over 8 1/2 months for crafting and finding and all that jazz. I just feel like a bomb of ideas has gone off in my head and I can't think straight. Lindsay, BM extraordinaire, is a wedding planning queen (she used to do it for a living and is currently planning what will be one INCREDIBLE wedding) is going to help me by approving/veto-ing things and helping me keep things cohesive..  and unfortunately for her, there probably won't have a single thing she hasn't already seen by the time our big day rolls around :)

Done freaking out, now on to some exciting news! I finally pulled the trigger on a bridesmaid dress. I had been VERY into the idea of each of the girls wearing a different light pink dress (no satin, yes chiffon or organza, above the knee) that they liked. I thought it would be good to let them pick a dress they liked, in their budget and that still does sound fabulous however, there are the few weddings I have seen on my many wedding blogs where this has been done and it looks HORRIFIC. Like .. puke on my keyboard .. how could you let that be in your wedding photographs .. WTF was that bride thinking?! Now, I have more faith in myself (as I had already decided I WOULD have veto power) and also in my BM but, what if they just didn't go together?! 

Then I found (what I think is) the most amazing bridesmaid dress known to (wo)man.  Or at least I think so and as I have been reminded by a few good friends and a few fabulous bridesmaids and even that dumb bitch on Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, Lori, it is my wedding (well, Lori said the bridesmaids need to "pay up and shut up" which is funny because having been a bridesmaid 4 times and will be two more times this year, I do agree in the end, that is true - but again, that is just her being the big bitch that she is!) and the dress fits my vision, will look great with my fabulous gown and I think my girls will look bangin'. They are all fabulous and I know they can pull this one off :)

We got two hotel blocks in SB! That is exciting - another thing to check off the list :)

Andddd my beautiful, fabulous, cute-as-could-be Save the Dates arrived yesterday and  I LOVE them! 
(don't worry, ours look NOTHING like this!)

I am having one little issue with what to do about our return address because I got these cute return address labels and well, the space for a return address label is non-existent, even if I trim the edges (gross) of the label and smash it in the corner. I guess I will just have to bank on people giving me their correct address!  Look at these cute little stamps I made and was SO excited about .. 

until I realized that they wanted $0.85 per $0.29 stamp - LAME! Oh well, to the post office I go today to hopefully find some cute ones. 

One last SUPER exciting thing! I found this awesome girl through, again, you guessed, one of my many wedding blogs, who does planning for no fee! She sent over 4 different places for us to look at in our budget and now I feel like I am deciding between the impossible - they all look like a little slice of heaven to me. Oh! Decisions! Decisions! :)






I think that is all for now - time for breakfast!


by Marissa ♥

No comments: