Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Marissa = Nomad

Well, its official. After waiting 10 days to get in touch with the only people at Ross I am "allowed" to talk to for scheduling, I have a schedule.

8/15/11-9/23/11 Peds remediation - Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
10/3/11-10/28/11 OBGYN L&D sub-internship, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
November : UT Houston OBGYN elective, hopefully!
12/19/11-1/27/12 Family Medicine remediation - Augusta, GA
Psych remediation after that and I am D-O-N-E.

Yes, 18 weeks of remediation because the hospital in GA that I did them all at the first time has it's accreditation under review by the California Medical Board and because I am so close to being done, I have to repeat them all so I have no problems with my license. WONDERFUL! And, in order to do these exciting electives in Phoenix and Houston, I am doing 8 extra weeks of clerkships. AND before all this crap happened, I would have been done in November and now I'll be done in March. F.M.L.

On a happier note, wedding reception venue is booked and I received the preliminary contract last night! I notified the florist/planner, photographer and videographers that the date was FINALLY set in stone. My dress should be in soon and hopefully I will still be in GA to try it on. And I am officially in wedding planning bliss :)

Time to get a facial and enjoy these last 2 1/2 weeks of freedom. Can't wait for Colby to get back from WA/ID - I am SO sad I didn't get to join him.. and now I totally could have because I am not starting until the 15th of August. UGH!






by Marissa ♥

No comments: